Tuesday 13 August 2013

"Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they're afraid!" - Bev James

How true this is! I am an expert procrastinator sometimes, especially when there is something I don't want to do, but also when there is something I am scared of doing for one reason or another.


I might want to do it, but I might be afraid that I won't do it well enough, or that I might fail completely. Or I want to do it but what will happen if I actually managed to do it, will it change my life, or even me? Will people look at me differently if I fail or succeed than they do now? Maybe I have expressed strong opinions about something, but along the way of life I have come to realise that it might be as I thought, and maybe people around me will judge me for changing my opinions? Maybe you are afraid that if you do this thing you keep avoiding to do you will lose yourself and who you are?

The list why we put up doing something can be long, but it almost always comes down to fear of some sort. But here's the thing; If you don't do it, you will never know what could come of it! This thing will be an important step in your life. Everything you chose to do, and everything you chose to not do are important steps in your life. It will change you even when you decide not to do something. It is always a matter of choice, and every choice is life changing. Even choices to not act!

The difference between putting something off and doing something is huge though. When you put something off, or when you chose not to do something because you are afraid of doing it, it will keep hanging over you for a long time, maybe for the rest of your life. But when you something, no matter if you fail or succeed in doing it, you can always feel proud for having tried. And that is success, right there!

In other words, if you try you succeed!

So if you have got something you want to do, or need to do, or should do just do it. Now that if you at least try and do your best, you will never ever go wrong.

And of course, always, always, always keep your main goal in sight. Never lose track of who you are inside even when you do something that you might not want to do. Everything you do will help you forward, will you reach your goals as long as you have your main goal in focus while doing it.

This means that you can NEVER go wrong! EVER!!!

"Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they're afraid!" - Bev James

The results might not be what you expected, but it will always be good for you in the end if you keep this in mind.

Carina

No comments:

Post a Comment