Tuesday 18 June 2013

Diary

I had a really nice and relaxed Sunday. My Sweetie and I were invited out for lunch by a couple of friends of his. I had met them only briefly a couple of times before, so this was the first time we really hung out with them.

Anyway, we met down to a restaurant in the village we all live in for a drink first while waiting for another couple to come to show us the way to the place we were going to. I was talking the other woman, B, and it turns out that she is interested in holistic, mind-body, thinking just as I am. I am always surprised when I meet people that anything at all about stuff like EFT or that are all just big energy fields. My life lacks of people that I connect with in that area, (in real life that is, online I have whole communities) so it is nice to actually get to talk about such things.

View over the valley.
Eventually we were on our way to this tapas place up in the hills. Well, up the mountain. Up, up we went on this simple road, whirling our way left and right to avoid the wholes in it, and free walking cows on the sides of it. After about ten minutes we spotted a place, in the middle of nowhere, with parasols, tables and chairs. Sort of set on the top of a hill in the mountain. A lot of thoughts went through my head, and I am sure through the other's heads as well. Images of axe murderers, don't ask me why, and food poisoning came to me. But, hey, at least it was something new and different for us. The place was not new.

Another view, this time with the Sea in the background.
We walk in, and to my surprise there were probably at least ten people in the bar, and even more surprising was that there were about 15 people out on the terrace in the back. All sorts of people. I would not have been very surprised if the people had been farmers or mountain people, what ever that is, but again I was surprised that they were all sorts of people; young hip girls in their 20's, fashionable women in their 30's, men of all ages, different nationalities, you found them all there. But then again, that is the way it is here. Just our group of 6 had 4 different nationalities. The man in the other couple was a Frenchman, who spoke in a mixture of French, Spanish and English, and sometimes a little bit in Swedish. Very funny and almost impossible to understand except for Dutch guy in the company, probably because Dutch is a mixture of languages too. (Be careful ever saying that out loud to a Dutch person, as they tend to take as an insult.)

The food (well, tapas) was really nice, they had all the drinks we asked for and the bill ended up being on 40 euros for the six of us. The view was spectacular over the valleys with the Mediterranean Sea and the horizon in the background (unfortunately, my pics does not tell the beauty of it), and we had a really nice time with a lot of laughter.

Cows out on an afternoon walk in the sun. 
On the way down, back to our village, we had to slow down to get past the cows that had now decided to go for a walk on this already small road. We all felt like tourists going; "oh, look at that", "there's a pregnant one", and "wow, they are really big".

After a coffee and Baileys at the place where we met up a few hours earlier, I made my way home, up the hill (a nice 5 minute walk), to continue doing nothing at all.

A surprisingly nice afternoon, at a surprisingly nice place. In the middle of nowhere. This is one of the things I love about Spain. You never really know what will happen, if you are only open to the possibilities.

Love
Carina

No comments:

Post a Comment