Wednesday 22 June 2011

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." - E.E. Cummings

Cats are funny and makes you laugh.
How often do you laugh? Do you laugh every day? Several times a day? Or less than every day? I think we can all agree that laughing makes you feel better, mentally and physically, at least for the moment. If I've had a real burst out loud laugh moment, I usually want another one as soon as possible. Because it made me feel good, even great, and the moments after a great laugh feel a bit empty. Do you feel like that too? Some of my best memories are from moments of great laughter. With friends, family or alone.

Laughing makes me happy, and that is a normal reaction. Laughing releases substances in your brain that makes you happy, it reduces the amount of stress hormones in your brain, relaxes you and so on. Those are all things I am aiming for in everything I do. Happiness being the main one. Now, I don't mean that I want to walk around in life and laugh at everything all the time. That would just make me a lunatic. But I do think that laughs, big and small, are very important for you to feel good about yourself and your life. And feeling good about yourself and your life is something that is necessary to be happy.

What makes you laugh? I laugh at all sorts of things, silly people, our cat, sarcastic humour, my friends, stuff on tv, mistakes I make, a funny story, a funny book or a funny film. The list can go on for a long time. I probably laugh at least 20 times a day. Not always big aloud laughs, sometimes they are more like giggles. Giggles count too. I’m not counting smiles today though, but they are sort of laughs too but in a smaller dosage. I used to want to go to laughing classes, I don’t need that anymore, but I think it can be a great thing to do if you don't laugh enough in your life.

As e.e.cummings, I too believe that a day without laughter is a day wasted. Every day is a good day to laugh, without exceptions. Did you laugh yet today? I have, several times already.

No comments:

Post a Comment