Thursday 23 June 2011

"Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends." - Virginia Woolf

Love your friends and they will love you back.
I love my friends, I think I am extremely privileged to have the friends I have. It did take me some time, actually a lot of years and heart aches, to learn what a good friend is. To me a good friend is someone who can make you laugh, someone who picks you up when you're down, someone who tells you the truth even if it's the last thing you want to hear. It is someone who loves you for exactly who you are, and someone that watches, and helps, you grow with proud and joy. A good friend is someone you can be honest with, someone you can trust no matter what. It is someone who doesn't judge you, but still tells you when you did something wrong. A good friend is someone who is happy for you when you find your right way in life, even though you might end up far away for them.

Do you think I ask a lot of my friends? I don't. These criteria are what I expect of myself as a friend, and there is no reason why I should want something less than the best of what there is. I don't consider myself lucky to have the amazing friends I have, I know that I deserve it. I am, as I said, privileged that they consider me their friend. I know that they love me as much as I love them. I know that they are there for me when I need them, just as they know I am there for them when they need me. Even if it's not always possible to be there in person.

Virginia Wolf said; "Some people go to priest, others to poetry. I to my friends.". That is what I do too. I went through a very hard time a few years ago and my friends helped me through it. When I broke down completely, my friends sat beside me watching over me to make sure I was ok. When I decided to move to another country, my friends supported me one hundred percent. My friends are the best friends in the world! Can you say that about your friends? Do your friends treat you as you treat them? Do you treat them as you want to be treated by them?

Friends are one of the great joys of life and some of the greatest loves of your life, make sure you enjoy your friends and make sure they know they are appreciated. If you don’t have any great friends, you might want to think about why that is and do something about it.

To my fantastic, wonderful and amazing friend; I just want to say that I adore you, love you and I am so happy and proud to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment