Monday 20 June 2011

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

Go with the good feelings, reject the bad.

This is the key! If you do good, you will feel good and if you do bad, you will feel bad. I believe that Abraham Lincoln was spot on about that. Because that's how it is, isn't it!? It is for me anyway. And I'm not only talking about doing good for other people, it works the same way when it's for me. If I do something for me, no matter what it is, and it doesn’t feel good it's not going to be good. That helps me know that it's not worth doing.

When I make decisions about something in my life, the first thing I do is to sit down and really think about it. I will think about the goal in question and I will be alert if it makes me feel good or bad. I mean proper good or bad. Does thinking of the goal make me feel happy? If it does, I know I'm on the right track. If it makes gives me any bad feelings I will know that that goal is not for me. If it makes me feel good, I know that it will happen, that I will reach that particular goal, maybe not right now, but when I'm ready for it. In due time.

This was how this blog came about, it started as a vague idea about six months ago. The idea of writing down my thoughts and beliefs about life and share them with others made me so happy. (It gives me a reason for why I've been through all the things I've been through in life) But then I got stuck, every time I thought about HOW to do it I got a bad feeling, so I eventually let it go. Until a couple of weeks ago, when it popped up in my head and I had a clear idea of how to do it. And it made me feel good!! So here I am, proud and happy and excited about this new thing in my life. And no matter what happens, and no matter what you think about me, my thoughts and my blog, I will always know that I did it because it made me feel good and happy and I did it in a way that I can be proud of. Every little detail is thought over, and felt good about.

So stay away from the things, actions and thoughts that make you feel bad and go for all the good feelings you can have. It is worth it, and it is so easy to do. And honestly, it is a fundamental tool to becoming happy and for me the only way to live my life. Good luck and feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment