Wednesday 22 February 2012

Diary

I never did go out the other day, I ended up spending my day registering on a job site for freelanlancers. I am on a couple of those but what I like about this particular one is that they offer free skill tests, most other sites I've been on charge you for them, and you need them to be able to compete. I love tests!! Anyway, I tend not to do things the traditional way, I have never gotten a job by sending in a complete CV. I have applied for maybe 3 jobs that way, gotten as far as an interview to all of them but never gotten the job. Why? Because there is something about that whole process that I don't like and I think it shows. I've sent out informal letters, or emails, a few times and that has always landed me a job I have enjoyed. All the other jobs I've had, and I have had quite a few since I like trying new things out to see what I like the most, have fallen into my lap because I've wanted them. Like the café I work part time at now, I started to think that it would be nice to work there about six months before I was asked if I wanted to work there. I never did anything to approach them, I had never even spoken to them before I was asked to come down and see them. And that is how I will operate on this job site as well. I haven't, and won't, put my CV on there, but I will send out more or less informal proposals to jobs that feel right for me. If they are right I will get them.

Today I am not sure what I will end up doing, but I think I might go down to the beach with pen and paper, or take the train to some other part of the beach. Anyway, it seems to be a lot warmer today than it was on Monday so.. Have a good day ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment